You can create certificate signing request automatically using CSR Generator Tool or manually.
Follow the steps mentioned below to create a Code Signing Request for Joomla manually.
- Login into your hosting account.
- Navigate to the security section of the cPanel.
- Click SSL/TLS Manager.
- Navigate to Private Keys (KEY) > Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys.
- Once you have the private key, navigate to SSL/TLS Manager > CSR page > generate, view, or delete SSL certificate Signing request.
- Keep the generated Private Key safe and use it wherever needed.
- Enter the relevant data in the – Approver Email, Common Name (CN), Organization Name (O), Organizational Unit (OU), State/Province (S), Country Code (C), etc., fields.
- Click Generate to create the CSR.
- You will be provided with the CSR.
- Copy the entire code, including —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– and —–END CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– tags.
- Paste the code into the SSL Certificate order form.
Next Step: How to Install an SSL Certificate on Joomla?